What is a career coach?
- A career coach is a person who works alongside you as you define where you are now, decide where you want to go, and identify steps to bridge the gap. The coach supports and encourages you in the journey.
- A career coach is someone with an objective viewpoint and good listening skills who can brainstorm with you.
Is a career coach like a sports coach?
- No, not really. A sports coach trains and teaches you. A career coach partners with you to:
- find clarity
- make important decisions
- identify the next steps
- achieve positive change
- set better goals and reach them faster
What does a coach do?
- A coach is someone who wants a lot for you and is committed to your success, working closely with you to create an action plan for your career.
- A coach works with you to resolve problems and to stay focused and on track, giving specific suggestions and making requests for action.
Does it matter where I live?
- No, not at all! There are no geographical boundaries. As long as you have access to a telephone we can work together. We pay for the call.
How does it work?
- Coaching takes place during regular 40-minute or 60-minute sessions in person or by phone.
Typically this is once a week or once every two weeks. We work with you to schedule a program of regular appointments.
- All our sessions are confidential; we strictly follow the International Coach Federation Standards of Ethical Conduct.
Can I have a free consultation?
- Yes, we would be pleased to talk with you by telephone about what you want from coaching and answer any questions you may have. This provides an opportunity for you to clarify how coaching might benefit you. Click here to sign up for a free 20-minute telephone consultation.
- There is no obligation following the call and no fees are charged. A free telephone consultation which we offer for 20 minutes is a good way for both of us to decide whether we work well together.
How long does someone work with a coach?
- For coaching to be effective a minimum of one to three months is the usual term. However, some issues can be quickly resolved by short-term coaching, while some individuals need longer.
What is the next step?
- The best way to find out about Sandpiper Coaching is to contact us to arrange a free coaching consultation to give you an idea of what coaching has to offer you.